We are excited to be participating in CASOLOGY's 5-year anniversary blog hop today! We've been a sponsor of the CASology cue cards a few times over the last (almost) 2 years since C9 started. Melissa is super sweet & we have fun participating in these challenges!
Today's challenge is BALLOON. As we looked through all of our products, we realized we don't have a traditional balloon! WHAT the what?!? Well, that's about to change! In the meantime, we decided to 'alter' one of our stamp sets a bit to meet this challenge! After all, that is the fun part, right?...being challenged to come up with something that you might not have...a way to stretch your stamps!
So, we are using our Globe Greetings Bundle (Globe Greetings stamp set & Globe Greetings dies) to create our balloon card today. This stamp/die set was designed to make globes, but as we got crafty, we discovered it makes adorable big, round balloons too!
Here are a few hints on how to make the balloon:
1) Die cut the round balloon & the the banner shape from the Globe Greetings die in matching cardstock.
2) Clip off one of the triangle banner shapes to use as the bottom of the balloon where it ties off.
3) Stamp fun florals from the Globe Greetings stamp set on to the balloon. It looks like a pretty, printed balloon, or confetti jumping all around!
4) Trim your card base, white and vellum layering pieces with your trimmer.
5) Stamp your balloon string. Can you see in the stamp set where this is from?? It's intended use was the airplane trail, but straighten your stamp out before stamping down (which is the beauty of photopolymer) and it makes a perfect string!
6) Attach your balloon on top of the stamped string using foam tape to give it some lift off your card front. Tie black twine at the bottom of the balloon.
7) Die cut two more banner pieces from another color of cardstock. These will swag behind your big balloon. You can trim off pieces, or tuck behind the ballon if you need to.
8) The card needed one last element , a big bold sentiment, so we diecut CELEBRATE from our All About You dies in black cardstock, which really pops and is a perfect size for this big balloon! It is also the perfect sentiment for this challenge today as we all help CASology CELEBRATE this great anniversary!
So, what do you think? Were we able to meet this challenge even though we didn't start out using a balloon stamp/die set? We hope you will try to do different things with your stamps & dies too. It is really a fun challenge!
Next up in the hop is Judy Marino. Be sure you hop along through all the stops because there are tons of prizes and lots of inspiration along the way! If you get lost, start over at CASology!