I wonder how Bob Ross would feel about these happy little trees. They are not painted, however, they are still happy with their tapered branches holding up the teeny, tiny sequin strands and standing in the dip-dyed pots! Or should I say they make me happy? I think they almost look real. In fact, my daughter reached out and touched one to see what it was made from.
As I sat here die cutting and assembling these happy little trees, I wondered what could make me happier. It came to me quickly...crafting with others. Pandora & Netflix are nice company, however, nothing beats crafting with family & friends and chatting the night away.
Here is what I suggest each guest brings:
1) Their own Take A Bough Die (it will be faster than waiting your turn to die cut)
2) Gold or Silver 3mm Sequin Strands
2) Card stock - each tree takes less than one 12x12 sheet!
3) Big Shot (or die cutting machine of their choice)
What you supply as the host:
2) Bamboo Skewers & brown ink pad (I used Ranger Walnut Stain Distress mini pad)
3) Terra Cotta pots (these are really cheap at the big box stores)
4) Black spray paint
5) Versamark Pad & Gold Embossing powder*
6) Treats & lots of Diet Coke!
*I spray painted the terra cotta pots with one coat of chalkboard paint. When dry, roll the Versamark ink pad around the bottom 1/3 of the pot, then sprinkle with gold embossing powder. Heat and set aside to cool. EASY PEASY!
Greg and I have been anticipating the release of the Take a Bough Die for weeks now. We knew how much we liked it, and hoped the feeling would be the same with crafters like yourself! Well, the response has been fabulous! We are so excited that LOTS of you have bought it! Be sure to check out inspiring projects using this die here and watch the video to see what other projects can come from this 8 piece die set!
Don't forget to tag Concord & 9th when you create your projects! We cannot wait to see what YOU come up with!
Enjoy crafting your happy little trees!